Dataset and National Database
The NACR dataset consists of a number of data fields which are collected via a set of questionnaires completed by the patients themselves, and at clinical appointments/rehab sessions with the patient. The data collected includes the following;
- demographic - gender, date of birth, postcode, ethnic status (national census method)
- clinical - blood pressure, weight, height, cholesterol; medication; initiating event (reason for rehabilitation); previous cardiac events; co-morbidities
- behavioural - smoking status; activity level; economic activity measures from National Census, physical fitness
- health-related quality of life - as scored via the Dartmouth Coop questionnaire
- mental health - anxiety and depression as scored via the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS)
- wait time - date of initiating event, date referred to cardiac rehabilitation, date invited to join, date started rehabilitation programme, date completed
- duration - length of programme and number of sessions
- uptake - Phase or Commissioning Pack and reason for refusal/being unable to attend
- drop-out rates - reason for not completing cardiac rehabilitation
The dataset also collects process data in terms of the number and identity of the common components of cardiac rehabilitation the patient took part in and any onward referrals to and integration with long term care.
How was the Dataset developed?
To find out more about how the dataset was developed, and who was involved, please click on the following link:
** Link to PHO Document **